INFORMATION FOR INCOMING APPLICANTS WITHIN THE ERASMUS PROGRAMMEHow to apply?
If you would like to spend a period of your studies as an exchange student in the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music, you should apply through the international coordinator at your home institution. The deadline for applications for both semesters in our school is 30th of April of the academic year preceding the academic year of interest. This is the date before which your local international coordinator should forward your application to us.
The application should include:
• a Learning Agreement, completed and signed
• a recording of yourself of ca. 30 minutes duration (a link to the recording), or a theoretical work (ask your Erasmus Coordinator about specific requirements as stated in the inter-institutional agreement between the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice and your institution)
• a CV
• a letter of motivation including information about your average grade for the last semester
• a letter of recommendation from your main subject teacher will be an advantage (however, not necessary)
Please prepare all the application documents in English. Files and a link to your recording should be sent by your local international coordinator to .
How is the application processed?
The application along with the recording is forwarded to the Academy Selection Committee / Head of Department for evaluation. They decide if the applicant has the sufficient level to be admitted. The result of your application is sent to your international coordinator.
Please be aware that even if one of our teachers has expressed interest in accepting you in his/her class, this does not guarantee a study place. The sole indication of acceptance is an official letter from our Erasmus coordinator offering you a study place.
If you’ve been accepted to study in the Academy of Music in Katowice contact us:
- to decide on the final list of subjects you wish / can do;
- to apply for a place in the dormitory (the number of places in the dormitory is limited);
- if you need any further advice, e.g. about how to travel from the airport.
You may find some useful information on the Academy’s learning environment in the Course Catalogue available here
Should you need more information, please contact the Erasmus Coordinator:
Tel. +48 32 7792354
Room A, office hours:
From Monday to Friday 11 am - 3 pm